Ghazala Javed, famous Pashto singer killed, A big loss to Pashto music industry

I was in studios and hosting my radio show. I was reading a sad poetry with a melodious BGM and listeners were enjoying so much. Suddenly my colleague sent me a text message; "Ghazala Javed killed". I was shocked by the news. And when I told to my listeners they were so sad. Callers were expressing their grieves and sorrows and they called it a big loss for our Pashtoon culture and literature.

Ghazala Javed was in her home when two men along with her ex-husband invaded in to her house and fired more a dozen bullets killing the singer and her father.

Ghazala Javed belonged to Swat but fled to Peshawar after the insurgency in Swat in 2006. She got a lot of fame afterwards. Meanwhile she got married with a rich businessman Jahangir but the new life was not successful , and they got divorced soon after six months of their marriage.
Ghazala Javed was considered to be a leader in reviving and promoting female singing within the KPK province following the Taliban insurgency. She was nominated for a Filmfare Award in 2010 and received a Khyber Award in 2011.

The assassination of Ghazala Javed is big loss for Pashto culture, art and literature. Ghazala Javed was not only a part of Pashto music in Peshawar (Pakistan) but she was also very famous in Afghanistan. She was working as a host and a singer in afghan TV and got back to Peshawar recently.

I want to say it is not only a big loss but also a big threat to our culture and music industry. It is more clear that this is not only a loss but an attack on our bases.

May! her soul rest in peace.


One of her best songs; "Shukriya Shuriya".


Comments:

Comments